Monday, November 10, 2008

Missing Family

There are times when I really miss not having our family nearby...birthdays, holidays, baseball games, special occasions...moving a 175 lb TVs into the house...

On Saturday, we bought a TV for our living room because our "good" TV had become possessed and would intermittently turn off and on by itself which, apparently from what James says, makes it quite difficult to watch a football game without losing all patience.
(Side note...can you believe how good our Titans are doing?? Two things I thought I'd never see...Gas below $2 a gallon again and the Titans undefeated at this stage in the season, who knew?!!?)
Anyway, back to the TV....so I found this great deal on Craigslist...a 36" Toshiba TV only a few years old...the thing is it's a standard definition tv...which means it's extremely HEAVY especially for someone who lacks any upper body strength to help her husband carry it in the house. After we got it out of the back of the car...I almost immediately dropped it (screen facing the cement walkway) I was in tears wondering how in the world we were going to get this in the house. It was not a pretty sight and if any of our neighbors were watching from their living rooms they got a great laugh. We did get it in the house...eventually...and to top it off--we even got it onto the tv stand...which was even more difficult than getting it in the house. In fact when we hoisted it up onto the stand (and it didn't break) I literally was jumping up and down dancing...Hayden thought it was hilarious. Here's a picture of our proof that we did it.
Because I'm okay with admitting I'm a wimp...I will tell you my arms are killing me and my lower back...well I can barely bend over...it's a great Monday!!

Oh and when we move...we're hiring people to do it for us because we will not be moving that tv by ourselves ever again! I must give props to James...he did an excellent job doing pretty much most of the work himself...and he did not get frustrated at me once for being such a wimp.

Switching gears
On a serious note...if ya'll have been checking in on the families we've been meeting thru The Common Bond, please go to my site (linked on the right at the top) we have a couple of new posts on there. These families are in desperate need of our prayers.
And if you're interested in ordering some jewelry for Christmas gifts let me know--a portion of the proceeds subsidizes the financial assistance we're able to offer families thru The Common Bond...I will be able to fill orders received by December 10th in time for Christmas. Thanks for ya'lls support.

0 comments: