Friday, January 2, 2009

Marley & Me

We went to see this movie today that the kids had been so excited about seeing...and it was a good movie...it was hilarious at times, but...let me forwarn you...I cried like a baby...and so did my son. For those of you that haven't seen it you may want to stop reading this...otherwise, I hold no responsibility for ruining the outcome of the show.

Marley dies...and I don't really consider myself an animal person...but I cried the ugly kind of cry...uncontrollable sobbing. Red Eyes, mascara running (Kristin, I need to purchase the waterproof Arbonne mascara)...not pretty at all. But what really broke my heart....Hayden didn't realize what had happened when he died...not until they were burying Marley did he turn to me in the theater go, "Mom...WHAT happened?" I said, "Honey, Marley died"...tears welled up in his eyes but then the movie ended and he stood there crying in Nana's arms. It made me cry all over again watching him (okay, I laughed just a little too...I know I know...that's not nice...but it was a little comical too)

Tonight we were talking about the movie at dinner (yes, I know not the smartest when your child has been traumatized over a movie like this)...but his eyes welled up again just talking about it.

So, my verdict of the movie...it really was a great movie...but maybe not particularly the best for a sensitive 7 year old kid. (Abby had no problem with the movie just FYI) Oh, and we did have to cover their eyes a couple of times just because I'm not ready to have THAT talk of where babies come from. :) There you go...

0 comments: