Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random Post...

So...here's the deal...my husband and I have "agreed to disagree" for quite a while now...I just knew I was right and there was no other possible scenario. Turns out...I might not have been as right as I thought (or KNEW) I was...

See...I've been dieting for oh...my whole life...okay not really...but for awhile and haven't seen the results I want to. Now...in light of complete honesty here...there are other areas that I need to work on, not just eating better...like you know the E word...yeah, that one...excercise. But our disagreement involved diet pop--which I happen to be addicted to. I drink soda (and it's diet) all the time...like a 6 pack a day...and he's been saying that's probably hindering me from reaching my goal. I thought he was off his rocker...turns out...not so much. Did anyone else know that caffeine can actually hinder weight loss?! OHMYGOSH are you KIDDING me??? I mean, it's bad enough...no bread, no sugar...only low carb but now NO CAFFEINE. Say it ain't so...

Well, today is a new day....I have just finished my 4th 20 oz bottle of WATER--maybe I forgot to mention how much I DESPISE WATER...hate the stuff makes me gag drinking it...do not like water not one aioda. But you heard me right--I've drank 80 oz today. Now...I will say I can't cut caffeine out cold turkey...my behavior without having caffeine could lead me to lose my job, my kids would really dislike me, and my husband...well lets just say it wouldn't be pretty...but I've only had ONE diet mt. dew today.

(Oh, and guess what...going to the Y tonight for some eleptical time) and starting Zumba on Friday. And for the record, yes I"m well aware that I have NO GROOVE, NO COORDINATION and will look like a complete idiot...I'm okay with it.)

So that's it for my random post...I'll try to come up with something more exciting in the next few days. Maybe I'll get working on another video of those silly kids. :) Have a great day ya'll!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Good luck!

Sarah M. said...

Oh bless you Monica! I know what you mean. Diet soda is a blessing and a curse. I LOVE to pop one open and let the fizzies tickle my nose and take my breath away. I have made a rule to only have one a day...soooo hard! There are days that call for at least 2 maybe 3, but feel good when I can abide by my rule. :) You can do it! Good job on the water. I like to toss in a Crystal Light on-the-go every now and then to "spice" it up. As long as there isn't caffine you can count is as water. :) I didn't realize how much I wrote...sorry.