Friday, February 27, 2009

A little preachin'...

We know the economy is bad...it's all over the media...but more than that it's probably affected either you directly or someone you know...for us its hit our extended family pretty hard...

We found out last night my Dad's job was being deleted.
My brother-in-law has been job searching for almost a year (if not longer)...
My sister-in-law and her husband are trying to sell there house...

None of this is easy... 401ks have taken hits, retirement plans for our kids grandparents have been changed...there's a lot of unknown...and with that it can be frightening. The unknown is always a little scary...but what I find comfort in is this:

No matter how we are affected, God has not let go of control. None of what has happened in the economy or in our personal lives has surprised Him. And He still has a plan for each of our lives. He will continue to take care of our needs...each and every one of them...it's His promise to us. On top of that...his timing is always perfect...ALWAYS...even when we can't see it.

Is this down economy fun? Of course not...would we all choose for it to be different...uhhh-YEAH! But with all that said, doesn't it require us to turn our attention back to God...to quit being self reliant...and put our faith back in the One (and only One) who is really in control? I'm talking to myself here...because I tend to think I can do it on my own...until I am brought to my knees and shown that I can do NOTHING on my own.

So there's your little 5 minute sermon for today...I'll step down from the pulpit

0 comments: