Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our Girls Weekend...

While the boys went on their trip to Talladega the girls stayed home and had our own little girls only weekend.

We started off Friday night by ordering pizza, making brownies for ice cream sundaes, and watching movies while putting on press on nails. (I'm a big fan of press on nails for the little girl...no drying time, no mess, and they pop right off when we're done!!)
We watched 3 movies that night...Hannah Montana (I'm a secret fan of...except not a secret anymore since I just posted it on the blog), Pheneas & Ferb, and The Tale of Despereux (very cute). Abby went to sleep around 11:30...I started reading The Shack, bawled like a baby--ugly cried at a few parts, picked the sleeping girl up and held her for almost an hour...fell asleep at around 2:30am. Thought I was going to get to FINALLY sleep in...but noooo, Ab woke me up at about 8am. (I guess that is sleeping in for me since I usually am rolling out of bed at 5:30)...anyway, made a KK (Krispy Kreme) run...watched the last of our movies (Little Mermaid-The Beginning)...and then started our second round of baking.
Sunday was a work day for us because unfortunately packing for the move does not go on hold just because of girls weekend. So we went thru her toys and have them all organized for goodwill and the house. We were very productive.

We had a wonderful, great, awesome, fun weekend. I love doing the boy/girl stuff from time to time...its just nice to be able to hang out with each child and give them special attention.
Enjoy the pictures!

0 comments: