Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12 years ago...

James sent me a cd from a group called 'Nouveaux'...we were just "getting to know eachother" long distance style (like 2,000 miles apart long distance)...and there was a song called "Maybe Tomorrow", well we dubbed it our song.

Isn't it funny how a song can bring back memories? I don't know what made me think of it but last night I googled it (I no longer have the cd). And it seems like just yesterday I can remember being in Texas driving my car blaring my stereo full blast...yes, I know...corny. I remember having all of my friends listen to the cd because this 'cute guy' from Washington sent it and I thought he was the "bomb" as we used to say in the late 90's. And then I remember sitting in his red truck and listening to it with him when I came up to Washington the summer of '97 as a summer missionary (it was all a cover, shhh don't tell anyone--I just wanted to find out if this thing with this cute guy was going to go anywhere)....I had no idea two months later I'd be engaged to the cute guy. It's funny how a song reminds you of those feelings...and who you were before kids...before marriage...responsibilities...work...before the day in and day out grind got in the way...it's funny how it reminds you of who you still are. That sometimes those things get pushed aside but there still there.

James Jackson...I'm probably going to embarress you (again)....but I still think you're one cute guy and I'm so glad you picked me....I'm so glad that my good friend Dori told you I thought you were cute (even though I thought I was going to DIE at the time)...I'm so glad you sent that first letter and the 40 or so after that (which I still have--boy, we were corny)...I'm so glad you picked up the phone and we ended up running bills that cost us $150 or more. (Which I had to pay all of mine, I still don't think you did)...I'm so glad Garry Benfield let me come to Washington as a summer missionary--even though I think my dad may have helped out in that area...and I'm so glad I told my dad I wasn't going home not to stay anyway. I'm so glad you put the ring in fridge on top of a root beer...and asked me to get you a drink...even though I was thinking "Get off your lazy rear and get it yourself"...but thankfully for once in my life I kept my mouth shut. I'm so glad you were on your knee when I turned around...and I am so glad you asked...I'm so glad you picked me. I know it's not our anniversary...there's no special occasion...but hearing "our song" again...reminded me of all these memories.

For the rest of you...I know this seems corny...I get it...but I did add "our song" to the playlist just in case your interested in hearing a little old school Nouveaux. Here's to memories...

0 comments: