Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Downhill Slide...

Yep, it's official we are on the downhill slide to Christmas...can you believe it? It feels like we were just ringing in the New Year yesterday...where has the time gone?


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and this year I was just reminded of all the things we have to be thankful for--we really are so blessed.
My Mom (aka Mimi to the kids) came to visit from Florida. They had a lot of fun with her...we braved black Friday and hit the stores...but to my amazement (and delight) it really wasn't all that bad. Now, on Saturday--we went to Opry Mills...that was the worst shopping mistake I have ever made and I will never do it again. I thought I might have a nervous break down right there in the middle of the mall--it probably would have cleared people out faster if I had.
Let me throw in a quick little blurb here...Mom and I went shopping...James and kids stayed home...all was quiet in the playroom as the children were so nicely behaving (or so it seemed)...

We had ordered a Christmas gift that came in a box that was taller than me (I know that's not really saying much but you get the idea...it was a big box). James had taken the gift to the attic but had left the box full of styrofoam peanuts in the play room...while the kids were being oh so quiet it seems they may have destroyed the box and flung peanuts ALL OVER THE ROOM!! Notice the two garbage bags...this picture was taken when I got home which the kids were trying very hard (to no avail) to get it all cleaned up. James said that you couldn't see the carpet...did I mention how glad I was that Mimi was there? She and Abby cleaned the whole room while I was taking a nap (no, I did not know she was doing it)...although, I'm still finding styrofoam popcorn around the house-I don't think it will ever completely go away.

Here are some pictures...
James and the kids put the Christmas tree up on Thanksgiving morning...they had been itching to get it done.


Did I mention the kids had fun with Mimi here?
Fluffy will only let James hold him...and yes that's Abby's beloved Pink Nite Nite...but for Fluf she'll share.


James' two little girls...okay, just kidding...Abby's still crowned princess, Fluf hasn't taken that role yet. Of course when we hit the teenage years he may favor the cat over the girl. :)

Just on a side note for those of you that live here in the Nashville area...the Hope Clinic is having a benefit tomorrow night called the Cider Carols. It's a great cause that I feel strongly about and hope that if you're able you'll consider going. Check out their website at www.hopeclinicforwomen.org and choose the link Upcoming Events. I think tickets are $10 per person or $30 for family. They are having a silent auction as well (which I submitted a few pieces of jewelry for...so if you're there place a bid!!) :) I wish I was able to go but James is out of town and it's a school night--you know how that goes! Let me know if you do get to go, I want to hear all about it.

1 comments:

Megan said...

Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving! That is funny about the peanuts -- well only because I can relate to the worry when things are quiet! Hope you are doing well - Eddie is done with this semester next week - hopefully we can find a time to get together.