Thursday, April 24, 2008

I love to be right...

I think most of us like to be right...but ask James he will tell you that I love it!! And it's even better when your kids acknowledge that you're right--don't ask me why, but there's some satisfaciton to hearing those words out of your child's mouth...

This morning Hayden and I were having a disagreement over what time his school opened and since I was dropping him off he was going earlier than normal...well, Hayden does get his stubborness from me...I'll concede to that and he was bound and determined that the school doors opened at 6:30...I knew school opened at 6:45...atleast I was 99.9% sure...so I told him we'd drive by the school and check it out...so we did, drove up and the gate was open...I was thinking, "Uh-oh...I'm going to have to tell him I was wrong..." So he got out and walked up to the door...which was locked (thankfully, I WAS NOT WRONG) he turned around, head hung low, and walked back to the car...opened the door and said, "Well....I guess you were right---you're the winner, winner chicken dinner." Shut the door, buckled up and didn't say another word...I tried not to grin too big..I mean he's only 6 I didn't want to rub it in his face or anything!!

I think he likes being right just as much as I do...I think he dislikes being wrong as much as I do too...I'm sure this will prove to be a struggle between the two of us in the years to come...but for now it's just cute!

Atleast he will concede that he's wrong...Abby on the other hand will fight you until she's blue in the face even if she knows she's wrong...she will not give up--I don't know where her stubborness comes from because it surpasses mine by a long shot!!!

0 comments: