Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Welcome to our blog...

So...I've been thinking about doing this for a while...a way to keep in touch with what's going on in our family with all of ya'll spread out around the country...so here we go--a BLOG!

Well...lets get up to speed...Hayden is now 6 and Abby is 4. Hayden started kindergarten this year and that has been fun, Abby will start in the fall--it blows my mind that we will have 2 school age kids. Seems like just yesterday they were our little babies...time flies by so fast. James and I celebrate our 9 year anniversary this year...I can't believe next year it will be a DECADE since we got married. That also seems like just yesterday.

James is working for a company called Terracon...same field--environmental. He is traveling around to the state parks of TN to do different environmental fields, which works out very nice for us since we love to camp--he's scouting out new places for us to try when he's traveling to these sites. He also gets to check out the fishing in these areas--that's more of a perk for him, than me though.

I'm working for LifeWay Credit Union...same as LifeWay Christian Resources, except we are the Credit Union to those employees. I enjoy my job very much...it's a great place to work. In my spare time (which seems to be shrinking) I work on building my jewelry business. It's been in the "planning" phase the last two years, I think we're finally moving to the "starting" phase now.

Hayden is playing baseball...it's my favorite sport we've done so far. Last year he played soccer, which was okay too...and in the fall he played basketball for two weeks before we decided enough was enough...we've come to the conclusion that basketball probably won't be in our children's future. :) But baseball is going very well--we're all having a blast with it. Hayden hit his first home run last Friday...he was pretty excited about the whole thing--so was Mom...you'd have thought it was for the World Series or something...

Abby is our little princess...and I'm not just saying that--she is all girl...100% (except that she does like to play with worms and catipillars) but other than that she is one prissy pretty little girl. She is hilarious, too...the things that come out of her mouth keep us on our toes...that is for sure! We can't decide what exactly her "attitude" is...so we call it abbitude. It's her own 'tude that we can't really pinpoint what it is.

The funniest thing about our kids is that Hayden is EXACTLY like James...his demeanor, his likes/dislikes (even with food), everything except how Hayden runs (he gets that from his momma--sorry, Hayden)...and Abby is EXACTLY like me..in every way except sports...we think she's going to be more on the athletic side like her daddy...

Well, I better go for now...I'll post when something new comes up!

Monica

0 comments: