Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Being a Mom is Not Easy!!

Can I just say that being a mother is hard? I'm not talking about the work involved, the running around like a chicken with its head cut off...I'm talking about hard on the heart. There's one thing that I think is the most important to mothers...and that protecting their kids at all costs, whether it be physically or emotionally. The hard part is that you can't always protect them...even emotionally. There are hard lessons that have to be learned...and one of those is that not everyone is nice...not everyone will be your friend, some will even say things just to hurt your feelings because they think it's fun.

Hayden is a sensitive kid...I don't mean just about getting his feelings hurt...I mean in general he has the quality of sensitivity...he cares about other people and he can't understand why some kids say mean things...honestly, I can't either. We had that incident yesterday...and what really frustrates me is that Hayden was so excited for the first day of 1st grade...and then he comes home and tells us some kid was a jerk at recess (okay, he didn't call him a jerk--I did). I'll be honest...it's not very christ-like of me...but I want to beat the kid up. I do...I just want to sock it to him one time, unfortunately that is not what a lesson Hayden should learn. I think the most painful thing for a mom is to see her child hurting...and I want to fix it, but I can't.

So, please pray for Hayden...he's very shy and adjusting to new surroundings isn't easy. Pray for James and I as well, as we help Hayden learn these life lessons and not go after the bullies in the middle of the night (kidding, kidding). I know this seems trivial especially in light of the prayer requests we get from The Common Bond project...and I am thankful that this is what we're struggling with and not some sort of terminal illness...but none the less, my heart breaks for Hayden because I'm his mom.

0 comments: