Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Twenty-nine...WOW!!!

First of all, it just doesn't seem possible that I have now entered my last year in my twenties...I feel like I should just be entering my twenties...now I'm down to one year left. Time flies by, I know it's said all the time...but really, how did this happen?

I have to say, I think this has been one of my favorite birthdays so far. Mostly, because the gifts I got were so thoughtful...first, my wonderful husband bought me some lotions, bath stuff, etc. I'm cheap, I buy the 1.99 stuff...but he got the good stuff...he's not cheap. But along with that he and Abby rubbed my feet. I also got a waffle maker...I have never had one as long as we've been married...and I wanted one...but it's not something I'd go out and get just because I could flip pancakes and save the $25. Did I mention I'm cheap? But along with my waffle maker, the boys made breakfast in bed. It was a great, wonderful day and I loved it very much. We got to hang out as a family and I played polly pockets with Abby...it was fun. (For all of you without kids playing polly pocket with a 5 year old probably doesn't sound like that big of a deal...but for you moms, you understand how much fun a 5 year old really can be!) :)
We went out to eat the night before at a Chinese Food place that was GREAT!!!! I love chinese...LOVE IT!!! And then ordered pizza and ate cake and ice cream on Friday night. I think it's the little moments like these that create the lasting memories. It was such a great day, I smile just thinking about it.

On Monday, I came into work and my coworkers had all pitched in to get me a spa package!!! They truely are the greatest. I am so blessed to do something that I love to do...I can honestly say I love my job, but even more than that...I love the people I work with. They make everday life fun...we laugh probably more than we work. It's a great place and I'm so thankful for the relationships I have with these people.

I'll be updating The Common Bond blog later on today or tomorrow so check it out. There's a couple of new things going on.

0 comments: