Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's official...we have TWO school-age kids!!!





Abby started her first day of kindergarten today. I should say she officially started her phase in days...today she went for three hours and on Thursday she will do the same. Tomorrow is her last day in "Memaws" class at daycare...on Friday she will go for a full day and be picked up by the daycare bus with Hayden. She was so excited for school last night she told James she was ready to go to bed at 8:45...and by time I got home she was alseep (it was about 9:30). For some of you this probably seems late still, but you don't know my daughter...she usually stays up until 10:00 or so. (It's the 3 hour naps at daycare...I'm so glad those will be done!!)



Well, here's some pictures of the cutie patootie getting ready to head off to kindergarten!



Abby is very stubborn (no idea where that comes from) and we had bought some really cute capris to match her top...but we'd also bought this little skirt--that doesn't match quite as well. Of course, what does Abby want to wear this morning...not the cute capris...needless to say I chose not to pick this battle because atleast it semi-went together. :)

I'm going to brag about Hayden for just a second...he wanted to walk with us to Abby's class this morning so that he could make sure to know where to take her when he walked her to class...I mean really--how sweet is that?! I have to say I'm very proud of my kids.


Hello Kitty backpack...do you notice it's as big as she is?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hope school is going well!

KT said...

I can't believe they are both in school. Miss their sweet faces.
Katie Jo

Ashley said...

Wow, that makes you guys old!!!

Just kidding!!
Ashley