Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Worstest Day in the life of a 5 year old!

Okay, I have funny story...

On Tuesday, I picked the kids up from daycare and started with my normal questions..."How was school? What did you have for lunch? Did you learn anything new? Etc"...

Abby pipes in and says the following (not kidding here)... "Mom, I had the worstest day. The worstest day of my WHOLE life" side note--all 5 years, mind you...I responded, "Abby, what happened?" As a mother, I'm thinking...Abby got in trouble, someone hurt her feelings during recess...something to constitute the worstest day of her life...

Her response, "The air conditioning wasn't working in our room, and it was awful...it was the worstest....it was hot and I was sweatin' and I couldn't take my clothes off...it was jus the worstest!!"....I should pause and explain that whenever Abby comes out stripped down to nothing but her undies her reasoning is always "I'm sweatin'"...so it was the worstest day for my 5 year old little girl because she was sweatin' and couldn't take her clothes off.

One of my coworkers pointed out that I should be glad Abby knew that she couldn't take her clothes off at schoool...could you imagine that phone call from her kindergarten teacher?
It would go something like this..."Mrs. Jackson, I'm sorry to tell you this, but Abby is in the principal's office and will be suspended from school due to indicent exposure. She streaked around the classroom and this school district does not tolerate that kind of behavior!!!" So, yes I'm thankful that she knows to leave her clothes on even if it makes for the worstest day ever.

0 comments: