Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cincinatti...There We Went...

***FYI...the REDS won the game--7 to 6...don't have a clue who they played though!!!*** (This piece of information is primarily for our good friend Keith--thanks for keeping me on my toes!!!)

If those of you who read this blog (all 6 of you) live in the Nashville area...I highly recommend taking a trip to Cincinnati for a quick family vacation.

We met my dad and Donna there for a weekend trip and the kids had a great time. Of course, I forgot my camera everywhere we went...so I only have pics from what I took with Dad's camera.
First we celebrated my dad's 55th Birthday (ha ha...your welcome, Dad!) The kids love cake can you tell??





The boys went to a Reds game on Saturday night and they loved the new ballpark...they said it was awesome. (They didn't take a camera so I have no pictures of it!) But they did have a Build-A-Bear Workshop at the park and Grandpa Jim and Hayden made Abby a pink baseball bear with a Reds dress...it was so cute. Hayden also got to make a dog for himself because he played his puppy dog eyes on Grandpa Jim...here's a picture of Abby with her bear the next morning (she was asleep by the time the boys got back to the hotel).




The girls stayed at the hotel and swam on Saturday night. Abby jumped in, climbed out, jumped in...and on and on atleast 30 times. It was hilarious. She was entertaining all of the people around. (And she slept great that night...it was a win win!!)


On Sunday, we went to King's Island...which is a huge amuzement park.


Family Pics at the Park...Look we even got Hayden and Abby to hug eachother--they were so excited!!





It's like a Six Flags and Wet-n-Wild combined...it was great...we didn't make it over to the water side partly because I'm paranoid about my kids in water with large groups of people...it's a phobia--I know. Hayden rode his first roller coasters (for those of you from TX--you know the TX Giant at Six Flags...yeah, Hayden rode one comparable to that!!) How's that for a first timer. (He was also scared to death...it was a lot of fun)...Abby rode a small coaster, but stuck to the less heart stopping rides. She loved seeing Dora's sing along.

Here are some pics from the park...








They were exhausted after the day...


But when we got back to the hotel we had a tea party (with a tea set Ab got at King's Island--Donna insisted Abby needed it :) -- it has Dora on it)...Hayden was even a good sport and played along...although, he made sure when Abby wasn't around to tell Grandpa Jim that the "tea" he was giving them was really coke... :) He's so funny.

Abby insisted she needed to wear a dress to the tea party (and makeup--of course)...but we didn't pack any dresses for this occasion so I improvised with one of my t-shirts and a little bit of ribbon...thank goodness I brought my jewelry packaging stuff!!

How cute is that? I know I brag about Hayden being a good brother...but really, to put up with having a tea party with his sister?? I know in a few short years they probably won't be able to stand eachother...so I'm enjoying these little moments now.


Again, it was a great weekend....Cincinatti Rocks (as Hayden would say)!! Thanks again, Dad--for everything...the kids want to do it again next year and I promised them we'd go to the water park too!!

1 comments:

-keith said...

Monica, Monica, Monica...I feel bad bringing this up, but again you forgot to tell us who won the baseball game (and who the reds were playing). Just kidding (kind of). I'm not sure if you counted me as a reader (I RSS)...if you didn't - raise the total to 6!

Cute kids...take after their father ;-)