Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A few things...

**Update 09/24/2008--read below you'll understand--about 30 minutes after I received the email from James...he called to tell me he was heading home. He couldn't stand not knowing if Fluf was okay or not.**

My work computer is still acting up and IT has yet to determine how I messed it up...so I have no new pics to post...and I have some great pics and posts to make of what's been going on in the Jackson household over the last couple of weeks--but I don't want to publish those until I have my pics...hopefully in the next day or two it will work out.

Last week was a very hard week for me, but God has proven to be gracious and this week has been leaps and bounds better.

Can I just say that I truly love the opportunities God has given me...with my family--my wonderful husband who never ceases to make me laugh outloud--like this morning--when the cat got out and he's so frustrated with her he just leaves her outside--goes to work...then an hour later emails me that he's worried about Fluf? (Sidenote: If anyone is near our house, would you drive by and see if a tabby cat--about 6 months old is wondering outside?? JUST KIDDING--I'm sure she's fine) I mean he's just the greatest--he's worried because he has to go out of town for work--he leaves tonight--and he doesn't want to go because he knows its more work for me in the evening by myself...he's so thoughtful to do the dishes and laundry before he leaves to make sure it's stuff I don't have to worry about--I know he's a keeper...and next time I complain about something he's done would someone remind me of how good I have it??
My kids...Abby wrestling with her brother--saying, "Bring it on, dude...come on Bring it on"--if you've seen my daughter then you know she's 5 years old but wears size 18 month pants as capris--she's a tiny 32 lb thing (and loves to run around without clothes on--that's a Jackson thing, I take no responsibility)
My son telling his sister, "Big brothers help little sisters with homework--that's what we do"...melts my heart.
My job at LifeWay--never in a million years would I have guessed this would be what I'm doing...it's not what I would have picked out for myself--but God did and I wish everyone had the ability to love what they do as much as I do.
My jewelry business contributing to The Common Bond--I'm still in awe that God has given me a gift and opened my eyes on how to use it for His glory...that He would chose to use me--He doesn't need me, He doesn't need any of us...but He chose me. I feel so blessed. I hope this encourages you to see the many blessings you've been given too...I hope you take time to "inventory" your life as well.

Check out The Common Bond blog if you're keeping up with that part of our life. There's a new post with prayer request on it...and I've also gotten some great response from the Challenge...please pass it along to your friends and family. I'm hoping this can be bigger than we'd ever imagined!! :)

Thanks for checking in...ya'll have a good day!

1 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Cat story was really cute!