Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just Rambling....

I forgot to mention in my update on the last post...when James drove home to check on Fluffy because she got out...she was okay. She was sitting under the deck just looking at him like, "What are you doing here?!" Finally he got her out and inside...she's such a funny cat.

Okay, so my computer has been down for the last week and a half...atleast the computer I use to download pictures...well, it's been fixed, but now I've forgotten my digital card the last two days and I have a lot of catching up to do! Oh, well...maybe tomorrow I'll remember.

I've been rethinking a few things...seeing as we're at the last quarter of the year...yes, the year is almost over can you believe it?!?!...I'm going to implement something new. We all have New Years Resolutions...I'm going to implement End of Year resolutions...you know, like all the resolutions you MADE at the first of the year but didn't quite complete?? Well, I'm using the last 3 months of the year to try and complete some of those resolutions...my End of Year Resolutions.

Like the 20lbs I was going to lose...well, I did do that--but then I gained it back...so maybe I should have changed the resolution to "Lose 20 and KEEP OFF!!!" so, that's my first one...we'll see how this goes now.
I work well with a deadline...under pressure...I can get more done in a crunched hour than I can in a leasurly 3 day time frame...I know--crazy...but it's who I am. Drives my husband crazy, he is not a procrastinator by any means...he's 3 days ahead on anything that needs to be done...I'm 3 weeks behind! But I can catch those 3 weeks up in 3 hours if I have to...so I'm banking on that fact that I'll be able to succeed at my End of Year Resolutions.
Anyone else have any they'd be interested in sharing? Anyone out there competitive? Nothing lights my fire like a competition! Speaking of which...I'm extending the "Challenge" (see previous postings) to November 15th....maybe that could be a 'End of Year Resolution' for you....well, if you have any thoughts please feel free to share! I'll come up with a list and post it in the future...maybe #2 will be Update blog with pictures so Nana will read it! :)

Ya'll have a great day!

7 comments:

-keith said...

I've got 20lbs to lose, I'll race you =-]

Here's another Year End Goal idea for your readers too: If they'll read one hour per day they can finish the whole Bible by the end of the year (they can even take 13 days off)!

Monica said...

You're on Keith...we need to make a reward for the winner, though.

How about if you win--you and James go on guys trip...I win--me and Janna go on a girls trip?
If we both lose 20...then the four of us go to Oregon Coast next year like we did pre-kids?!?!

-keith said...

Hmmm...where should James and I go?

Monica said...

I don't think you have to worry...Janna and I will be planning a spa trip somewhere!! :)

-keith said...

That's sweet of you and Janna to plan a spa trip for us, but I think James and I would prefer something a little different...think football =-]

Monica said...

So funny, Mr. Keith...

-keith said...

I'm down about 4. Progress is slow, but it's still progress. How are you doing?