Monday, October 27, 2008

2nd post of the day...

First, here's Hayden at his last game...up to bat. He did so well this season and it was a lot of fun, but I am so glad it's over. It's nice to have our nights back and not have games or practice.

Hayden got a 'Season Ball' after each game that we won...the coach would pick out a player to get the 'Game Ball'...well we won 7 games and there were 10 kids...so not all of the kids got a game ball. The three that didn't got a 'Season Ball' at the Pizza Party we had for the team. Hayden loves that ball...it goes everywhere with him. He eats breakfast with it, he sleeps with it. He's so excited about that ball.

Okay, I've said this before but my daughter is stubborn...she is and there's no one to blame but me. She's my girl to the T. I thought I'd show you guys an example...
Abby got her haircut yesterday so I was taking her picture to show the grandparents...I said "Abby, SMILE....cheese"...this is what I got...
So, then I said, "Okay, Abby whatever you do...DO NOT smile. I don't want to see you smile for this picture." This is what I got...

Of course, I cut off the top of her head so I had to retake the picture...same thing , "Abby, please don't smile...I want a serious picture."


Yes, I know I shouldn't allow her to get away with it because technically it's disobeying...and in all honesty we are pretty strict about being disobedient, but I do let this one go...probably just because she looks so cute. Side note...I use this reverse psychology every morning... I tell her I've laid out her clothes to wear but I know she's not going to like them...or I say, I've made your lunch but I know you're not going to like it...and every single time she says, "I like that." But if I don't say it she will complain about clothes, lunch, you name it...
My only fear is I don't think this reverse psychology will work forever. :)

0 comments: