Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quick funny story...

My sister wanted a new post on the blog...so I figured I'd share this story real quick (Mel, I can't remember if I already told you about this...if I did-sorry)...I thought it was hilarious...most of you know that Hayden plays baseball..and I must say he has improved quite a bit from last season. But on Monday night at his game, we realized maybe we hadn't done such a good job of explaining how baseball works...here's why.

He got up to bat, made a hit...ran to first, then second, then third...batter came up and Hayden was on his way to home plate. Well, the catcher was standing in front of the base, caught the ball and Hayden was going to be out. Well instead of getting tagged out...going down gracefully...my son keeps running full speed ahead and plows into the poor kid. When I saw the play I just figured he didn't know any better...oh nooooo, my son knew exactly what he was doing. I went over to the dug out to tell him "Good try, buddy--you can't score everytime...etc etc"...and he goes, "Hey, Mom...did you see me tackle that kid??? I was using my football skills!!! Wasn't that cool?!?!"....Yeah, lots of laughter and then told Hayden, "Honey, this is baseball not football...there is no tackling in baseball."

We ended up winning...I think the score was (17 to 11)?? (See, Keith I remembered the score this time)

Tonight we have another game...the season is winding down-we have one more game after this. It will be kind of sad to see it end but on the other hand it will be really nice not to have practice, games, etc. for a while. It's hard to fit it all in. :)

I'll be posting pictures from our trip we took last weekend to Chattanooga. It was so much fun! Chattanooga is my new favorite city. I just love that area...it's beautiful.

0 comments: