Monday, October 27, 2008

$49.51

Yes, my friends...I'm so excited that it only cost $49.51 to fill my car up with gas yesterday that I'm posting it on my blog. If I could do cartwheels I would have yesterday at the gas station...just to put this into perspective...that saves us an estimated $120 a month.

$120 a month...how crazy is that! Say we were to take that $120 a month and put it into a high yield savings account for the next 20 years we'd have approximately, $37,514.91. 30 years savings would be: $64,497.95.
Now I realize not enough to retire on and it won't take the place of your 401k...but it's a nice little nest egg that could come in handy.

So, the point of this post:

#1 I'M SO EXCITED THAT GAS PRICES ARE GOING DOWN

#2 Since you're used to paying the high gas prices, save the monthly difference and pay yourself what we were paying Big Oil.

0 comments: