Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Outrageous!!!

**Update...my sister called and informed me that she also received a bill for $511.00 for the towing of the vehicle...although I did speak to the owner of the company and he said he'd waive the 'holding' charges (which was nice) but the tow bill could not be lowered (bummer)...can I just say, those idiots that did this are despicable!!! And yes, I'm well aware this attitude is not very christ-like but right now I'm being human and I'm mad. **

I am still in the process of getting the pics from Part II of our trip downloaded and posted on the blog...we're having some technical difficulty with the laptop that I was using to complete this simple task...but in the meantime I am going to share something outrageous...

My sister, (hi, Mel!) is on a trip in California...in fact she's on her way home today...while she was away, her car which was paid off was stolen...and the idiots who did it wrecked and totaled the car. The car wasn't worth much money, but the fact that it was paid for was a huge value to my sister. The idiots were apprehended due to the fact that they had to be admitted to the hospital...so thankfully they were caught. Which I will do everything in my power to make sure they are prosecuted for this ridiculously stupid and thoughtless act. (I mean come on...stealing a 1996 Honda Civic--seriously?!?!) It just makes me mad!!!

Well, Melanie got a call last night from the place that's holding her totaled vehicle and she was advised that they are charging her daily to have her car there. Her car that she can do nothing with because she's in California...that two idiots stole, wrecked and now she is without a car...and yet she gets stuck with the bill.

I just can't imagine being so heartless and doing this to somebody. It's horrible. So, yes...I'm outraged and Mel, I'm so sorry that your having to learn this life lesson...it's not much fun at all!
But...on the bright side--LifeWay Credit Union is happy to loan money and since you qualify for membership thru family I can get you all fixed up with financing for a new car!!! :)

0 comments: