Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chattanooga or Bust--Part I The Lost Sea





Last weekend we took a quick family trip to the Chattanooga area...which I love! I think it is some of the most beautiful area God has created especially during this time of year. I also love fall...the trees changing colors...the coolness in the air...I love it.

We had so much fun. Our first part of the "adventure" as the kids called it was The Lost Sea in Sweetwater, TN. As Hayden said...that was cool! I mean we went down into these caverns where confederate soldiers once were making gun powder. That kind of stuff facinates me...thinking about the people who had walked and even lived in the areas we walked in...The Lost Sea is the largest underground lake in America. We've had a drought over the last 2 or 3 years and the water level has declined over 30 feet...they said before the water level went down the water was crystal clear and you could see the trout (which there were some very large trout) in the glass bottom boats. The water was much more murky for us and we couldn't see as well...but it was pretty cool all the same. It was difficult to get good pictures inside of the cave due to lighting issues (yes, it was dark)...but we got a couple.

I'll post a couple of pics from the Aquarium tomorrow...






0 comments: