Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I think so far this has been my favorite Mother's Day...it's the first year the kids were really into what was going on which was a lot of fun! I have my first piece of clay art from Hayden...he made a little bowl in art class and painted it...I love it. It's now my special paperclip holder at work and I must say I have had quite a few compliments on the handiwork of my talented child. :) Okay, just a little biased...I know!! He also helped write a poem with his kindergarten class...and made a butterfly. Very crafty...my little dude!

Abby made me a box and put all of her love inside...which I also brought to work, she had very clear instructions though to make sure that NO ONE OPENED THE BOX! (Make sure, Mom...was said several times) She went on to explain that all of the love would then go away...BY ALL MEANS...NO ONE OPEN THE BOX!!!!! I also got a few paintings and works of art...we call them abstract, I'm sure there is meaning behind the scribbles and one day we will decipher it.

Of course, I also got some other cool gifts t00...Hayden got me a kit to make my own sterling silver jewelry pieces. I also got a hanging flower plant (Abby told me "Feel the flowers...they're real!!) and a movie (PS I love you--which I cried thru the entire movie at the theater...James kept laughing at me, oh and then I laughed and snorted...the whole theater wast laughing at me then) :) But it's such a great movie...if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.

We did have a little bit of a damper on the whole day though...Abby has strep throat (yes, again!) and we have a referral to an Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. Looks like the tonsils are going to have to come out...bummer. Luckily, we were able to go out to eat (Black Eyed Pea--my favorite restaurant)...before it really set in and turned her into a whiny helpless child. I think God uses these experiences to remind us of what being a mother is all about. :)

I hope all of you mothers out there had a great day! We sure are blessed to have our kids...I can't remember what life was like before and I sure wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

0 comments: