Thursday, June 12, 2008

9 and Counting...

Nine years ago today, James and I got married. It doesn't seem like it's been that long...I have to say, I'm very blessed to be married to such a great guy. Nine years ago...we were young, a bit immature (although we didn't think so) and really didn't have much of an idea of what marriage was all about...today, we're older, a bit more mature...and have a better idea of what makes our marriage work. We've learned to compromise (which is not easy for me...just ask James) and we've grown a lot thru the things we've experienced together. For better or for worse...for richer or poorer...I am glad to call him my husband.

June tends to be an expensive month for us...Abby's Birthday, My Mom's Birthday, Father's Day...so we decided we'd wait to get eachother gifts and go buy something later together that we both want...that was the plan atleast. So, we exchanged cards this morning...(which by the way, we got each other the exact same card--didn't mean to of course...but I thought it was pretty funny)...and then I was going to get up and get ready for work...and he pulled out a gift. WHAT?!?! We were not going to do gifts...it was agreed...I wasn't really upset, I just felt bad because I didn't get him anything...it was agreed...well, I got over it pretty quick when I opened the gift and found these inside...


Hayden and James went and picked them out...Hayden said they are really pretty. :) They did good.

James had gotten me a pair of diamond studs when we got married. I loved those earrings...but Abby had lost one of them about 2 years ago and I was devastated. So...I finally have a pair of diamonds again...he did good, very good!

0 comments: