Thursday, June 5, 2008

WARNING...

Okay, I'm a little bit of a freak when it comes to swimming pools and kids...I'm alright with admitting it...it's one of my phobias...but if you haven't heard about this story of the little boy that "dry drowned" please check out the story at http://www.msnbc.com/ (Titled 'Dry Drowning' claims 10 year old--I think??) ...I had never heard of it before (I may be a little in the dark, who knows??)


Back in December, we went swimming at the Y and Hayden had taken in A LOT of water...being the good parents that we are, we wanted him to try swimming without his floaties...when we got home, he wasn't just tired...he was on the brink of exhaustion...and we were only swimming for maybe 30 minutes. He started running a fever and eventually got sick...in fact at the time I wasn't so grateful, but now hearing about this I am so thankful that he got sick...3 or 4 TIMES! Anyway, I feel very strongly this could have been what Hayden went thru...and I want everyone to be aware that it's not just a random thing that can happen. I know that it's rare to hear about a child dying but to feel like we were that close to something so tragic is eye opening.

I may be over-reacting, but I would rather be safe than sorry...

Okay, I'm done with my rant today! We have our last game tonight before tournies this weekend...hopefully I'll post some baseball pics tomorrow!

0 comments: