Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reminders...

It's easy for life to get caught up and to forget the blessings we've been given...maybe forget is the wrong word...take for granted...that's a better word. We take for granted what God has given to us...something we begged and pleaded for...and then just a few years later...we've brushed it aside...we've ALMOST forgotten the pain, the excitement, the hope, the peace...ALMOST...but not quite...and then He sends little reminders of the road we travelled and that our miracle was not just for our benefit but for His glory.


Today I came across a blog of a woman pregnant with their first child, a boy...and he had been diagnosed with a condition called Cystic Hygroma...it was our situation replicated...and it flooded me with all of those feelings while I read her blog. It also reminded me that we were granted a miracle...what were we doing with what we'd been given. We went thru this and how were we using our experiences to bring glory to God...I'm ashamed to say...I haven't really. I have great intentions to...I just lack the execution.
Most of you know, I keep up to date with the blog 'Bring the Rain'. I admire Angie, a mother who has had to endure saying goodbye to her baby girl, yet she is using her experience to bring glory to Him...I was given the miracle...and yet I sit idley by. It's inexcusable...
So, I'm asking for prayer...1st for this family going thru what we faced just 7 years ago...I've attached a link to their blog...'He will carry me'...pray, pray, pray for this family. It is one of the hardest places to be...in between hoping for the miracle and preparing for God to make a different call. It's a very difficult balance.

Also, pray for me...and James...as we explore how God wants to use Hayden's story to bring glory to Him. I have so many ideas...but I don't want it to be me...I want it to be God's plan.

I'm excited to see what comes of this...

0 comments: