Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to School...and Happy Belated Birthday, Cary!!

Well, I made it to Atlanta and from what I've heard the kids and James have almost made it thru a whole day and a half...I can't wait to get home. I know I sound cheesy, and next week I'll be wishing I was in my nice quiet hotel room with no responsibility but for myself...but right now, I miss my husband and kids.
Other than that...the training is going great! I'm learning so much and am very excited about how it will affect the job I do at the Credit Union. (I'm a nerd, I like learning...which is funny because I hated school--I digress)

I made it to Atlanta with no problems (except that I drove in circles for about 20 minutes before actually finding the hotel) so I guess I should say I made it here with very little problems. I love the drive down here. Chattanooga is one of my favorite places in TN (which for those of you not from around these parts you drive thru Chatt to get to Atlanta)....it's just so beautiful. On a side note...when you're driving and worshiping God to some great praise music (song happened to be You Are God Alone...one of mine and Hayden's favs) watch the speedometer...it's crazy how one minute you're going along 70mph...next minute your hitting 95mph. It seemed the more I got into the music the more my foot pressed down just a little more. Luckily, no radars in the area caught me so I made it with no tickets... :) Oh, and one more piece of advice...keep atleast one hand on the wheel and your eyes open!!! (Sounds simple, huh? I caught myself atleast twice raising both hands and closing eyes...I'm sure the people passing me thought I was crazy!!!!)


One last thing...this is a shout out (yes, I know how stupid I sound--'shout out'?!) to my father in law, who's birthday was yesterday and I forgot to call (I'm sorry!!!)...so, Cary this is for you--

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthddddddayyyyyyy dear, Caryyyyy! Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!"

(Aren't ya'll glad you couldn't really hear me singing???) Have a great week...

0 comments: