Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Finally...pictures of Hayden's 7th Birthday!!!

I know...I know...I haven't posted pics of Hayden's birthday and I said I would on Monday...but come on--for those of you that know me pretty well know that my timing is usually off by months...so we're lucky that it's only a few days late. I like to look at the positive. :)


I cannot tell you how much fun I had on this birthday for Hayden...I think it's my favorite so far. I think because he was so excited about EVERYTHING...he just kept saying "It's the best day, EVER!!"...it makes me smile thinking about it.

Well, the whole shabang started on Saturday when Hayden's buddy, John came to spend the night. We took the boys to see Wall-E...which was a cute movie, and then ate pizza, played the wii, had cupcakes (spiderman) and ice cream...then settled in for the night in the tent that James set up in the living room...you'll see a pic in a minute of fluffy sleeping on top of the tent...but let me add this little tidbit...James got a new tent for Father's Day--we've upgraded to a TWO ROOM tent...yes, we're pretty excited about it. I thought it was a wonderful idea to try and set the tent up in the living room so that we know how to do it before we go on our camping trip in September (can't wait-so excited) ANYWAY...James tried to tell me that the tent was too big for our living room...but if you read my previous blog you know I happen to think I'm always right...well, I hate to say...I was wrong. Let me also say this...putting a tent back in to the "bag" it comes with is NEVER an easy feat...in fact you almost have to use magic to get it to work...but I digress...so, since the kids already thought we were going to have a tent in the living room we pulled out the old one and set it up...kids were happy, parents frustrated (just a little bit) but we moved on. Around 9:00, Hayden sacked out. Abby and John were up, and I'm just going to say really quick here--John is so sweet to Abby...he sat in the recliner with Abby, shared popcorn and watched Cinderella. You will see a picture if you scroll down.

Around 10:30, John came in our room and said he thought he wanted to go home. Now, I remember being in 3rd grade at a sleep over and crying because I wanted to go home...I hate that feeling, so anytime someone is at our house and they want to go home...you don't have to ask twice...if the child starts crying I'll be crying with them...so we try to by pass that all together. (It kind of scares the kids when I'm saying I want my mommy, too!!!) :)

On Sunday, Hayden's actual birthday he and daddy went to ride go carts--play arcade games--they had a great time. Abby and Mommy stayed home and took naps and we had a great time too...then we got to open gifts...have cake and ice cream...which I'm making a plug here for my friends Tara and Joe Caldwell of Caldwell Cakes--they are AMAZING...check out there blog http://www.caldwellcakes.blogspot.com/. Phenominal!!

Okay, here's the pics!!
Playing wii in the tent...no we will not take the wii camping!!!
Fluffy (aka ninja) sleeping on top of tent!
John watching Cinderella w/ Abby--Hayden was out like a light!
Rise and shine Birthday Boy!!
A transformer 3D puzzle...this should be fun

A bike AND a scooter...wow--too cool!

Birthday's are exhausting!

His comment: "No way! That's awesome...in all my life I've NEVER had my very own DS!" :) In all his life...

And the coolest cake...EVER!!!

What a great day!

0 comments: