Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TEXAS!!

**Updated 07/09/08--In response to your question in the comment section, Keith...Round Rock Express (the bad team as my kids put it) won the game. Although, Nashville Sounds had beat them in the previous two games**


Okay, I'm from Texas...born and raised (mostly) there...and let me just take a minute to say--I don't understand why TEXANS are so proud of their state??!! I'm sorry...I just don't get it. Tennesseans should be hanging there state shape all over the place because it is soooo much prettier...okay, now that I've got that out of the way and upset most of my in-laws... :)



We had a great time on our vacation...it was so much fun seeing our family and watching the kids (who are still in the great state of TX as I type) play with their cousins. Here are some pictures of our trip...





Crazy kids...they had so much fun together!!





This is Round Rock Donuts...which has been featured on the Travel Channel and I must say it is the best donut place (even better than Krispy Kreme) The plain hot ones are the best...





Nana has a great pool in her little community...it was perfect especially since Texas gets HOT!!







Round Rock Express is the local farm baseball team...so we went to a game and guess who they played? Nashville Sounds!! It was so much fun. We sat on the grass, but they had a swimming pool at this park, a rock climbing thing--play ground--funnel cakes...what more can you ask for??





One rule of Nana's is that if you don't work you don't eat...so the kids dug tree holes so they could eat dinner every night. They worked really hard and even found some treasure (dollar bills, no less!) that Hayden is sure pirates buried in Nana's backyard a long time ago! He's just sure of it. I'm wondering what kind of work Nana's having them do this week, they really have to pick up the slack since Mom and Dad aren't there to help them out!! :) Okay, just kidding...the kids were just having fun planting trees...but they did find treasures! Nana, can we tear up the rest of your yard looking for money???

I just think this picture is hilarious so I posted it! All the kids eating ice cream...and Madi with no clothes on!! She's going to love that we took this picture of her when she's a teenager. :) Sorry, Madi Patti!!

We had the best view in the house for fireworks and we were in Nana and Grandad's backyard. It was amazing...and the kids loved it!

After fireworks we made smores...or you could say we made a MESS!!!


This is what we did most of the time at the family reunion...played croquet and swam in the lake water (YUCK--not me, though)

As soon as I get more pictures from our familia I'll post them on here...I know I took quite a few using Nana's camera so I should have more fun shots of the kids to come. :)









1 comments:

-keith said...

On behalf of all the men who read your blog: who won the baseball game? =-]