Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Kids Are Home!!

We met Nana on Saturday to get the kids in a little town called Carlise, Arkansas--exit 183, ate at a place called Nick's BBQ-I'm mentioning all of this because it had the best bbq--and fried pies!! I can't tell you how excited I was to see them...now, 5 days later...I'm ready for another break! Okay, just kidding. I really missed the kids while they were gone...but they had a great time. Hayden's birthday is coming up this weekend...he will be 7...can you believe it??? We can't. He's having a buddy spend the night on Saturday night and I think the game plan is to go play putt putt...eat pizza...then go see the movie Wall-E...I've heard it's good...we'll let you know.
School also starts in less than a month. (Abby "phases" in so she won't start until August 19th...and at that its short days for the first couple then they throw them in full force) We're excited for school to start...can I just say I wish we had year round school...it would be so much better for us and the kids!!! I still can't get over that I will have TWO school age kids...I'm not old enough to have TWO school age kids...let me emphasize that one more time TWO SCHOOL AGE KIDS!!! Wow...doesn't seem possible. :)

So...I'd posted awhile back about what God was leading me to do with "our" miracle...I think I'm getting closer to a game plan on that. It's in the sketchy stages right now, but it's going to tie in my Faith, Hope and Love bracelet...and it's going to involve giving them to mothers who have had to endure saying goodbye to their child or have children that are in the hospital--whether it be preemies, terminally ill children, injured children, etc...but eventually I would really like to take it a step farther and create a foundation/organization/etc. (something--not for sure what yet) to provide money for families who have children in the hospital to help cover living expenses while they may need to take time off from work, etc. I've looked into this in the past, but I think my ideas were too far fetched, so I'm coming down to earth and looking realistically at what we can do. I'm not saying having a BIG DREAM is bad...I'm all for it...and I believe God can do the impossible...but I don't want my ideas to get so BIG that I don't actually START and I really more than anything want it to be God's plan not mine, that seems to be a dilemma with me. Anyway, keep praying for direction and if you're interested in being apart of whatever it is that this is going to be...let me know. I'd love to have others to brainstorm and create this with...I think the more people that get involved the more fun it will be to see it come to life...in fact I need the help...so pray for others to step forward or pray about God using you in this area. Again, I'm so excited to see where God will take this...it will be interesting. Have I mentioned I need the help?!

Anyway, enough blog rambling. Nana took some great pics and will be sending them soon (which could relate to 6 months) JUST KIDDING, NANA!! But I'll post pics of the kids at 'Camp Nana' once I get them. :)

0 comments: