Saturday, July 19, 2008

The first step...

Well, I think I've come up with a name for "this"...instead of calling it "this" all the time...

It's going to be called The Common Bond. That's what "this" is all about...we have a common bond, we're mothers, sisters, friends, grandmothers that can relate in the valleys of life. I will be launching a blog with an email address specifically for 'The Common Bond' hopefully this next week. I've contacted a lawyer to see what is involved with starting a non-profit organization. as well, so I'll update on a timeline once I get that information back.

A large part of 'The Common Bond' (aka TCB) will be praying for these families that we come in contact with. And with that I would like to share this story...one of my friends from Washington emailed me on Friday and told me about her friend's 9 month old daughter. When she was 2 months old she was diagnosed with leukemia, and has been undergoing treatment since that time. At this point, the treatments are not helping...and they are starting a "last resort" experimental treatment. Please lift this family up. They are from the Tri-Cities, and have been in Spokane, WA since Christmas...they are now being transferred to Portland, OR. Pray, pray pray for this precious baby and this family.

0 comments: